As you all know, I have two main pet themes: Risk Management and Compliance Management as I see very often that there is room for improvement when it comes to such processes within our customers. Internally, we often think about how we can make it easier for our customers to manage compliance in their networks.
So, basically it is about helping you to plan, deploy, operate, and manage the baselines in your environment. As you might know, we provide free tools, which we call Solution Accelerators since quite a while (if you did not know, shame on us), we provide a Security Compliance Manager in this program as well and have the new version just in Beta now.
Basically the new Security Compliance Manager Solution Accelerator helps you to provides you a few pretty exciting features:
- Centralized management and baseline portfolio
- You can customize the security baselines
- You can compare them and export them (e.g. to GPOs)
- You can verify and monitor them
As a picture shows more than a thousand words, here are a few (cool!!) screenshots of the tool:
So, if you are as excited as I am, you should join the Beta program, which is now open. Thatâ€™s the way to give feedback and influence it now! Therefore my â€œcall to actionâ€ for you is:
- Join the Security Compliance Manager Beta. Then tell the development team what you think!
- Already a member? Bookmark this link for access to the program page.
- Help us spread the wordâ€”share the beta invitation link with your friends.
- Want to see where it all started? Download the current version: Security Compliance Management Toolkit.
The beta will run through March 2010. That means now is the time to join the beta program, take an early look at this tool, and provide the Security Solution Accelerators team with your feedback.
Want the facts straight from the development team? Check out this series of short videos! Better yet, post your own video response sharing your favorite feature.
Want more information on a specific feature? Interested in speaking with the development team? Please contact Michelle Arney.
Have a lot of fun!!